Ivan Bahia, the best Chapada Diamantina hiking guide with private transfers services locally available with a service in your language.
Ivan Bahia's BEST travel-pack
Chapada Diamantina National Park
go as you please 4x4 expedition
discover Brazil's Grand Canyon in 4-8 days
choosing your excursions, day by day
See for yourself in the next video !
Have a look at Ivan Bahia's unique proposal to discover the Brazilian Grand Canyon at your pace, with everything taken care of.
We include ALL transfers (from Salvador and back), local guiding (in your language), overnight-stays in pousada (hotel), etc ... completely and exclusively organised for you and your partner / family.
This travel-package is totally adapted to your specific needs or wishes. Enjoy !
You may of course also combine this package with an optionnal 2-day-trip to the Colonial Recôncavo Baiano area, including a visit to Cachoeira. This way you can really optimize your Bahia-travel and have both nature AND culture on your program.
With this extraordinairy travel package we have the perfect alternative to the classic tourist guiding, off the beaten tracks, where you will encounter the best of Bahia's nature-scenes. Our main argument / advantage in this package is that we can adapt it to your physical condition and interests, there is no competition for this kind of tourist-service in Bahia. So, if you want to discover this part of Brazil like you want it, with a local who knows the region by heart then you simply have to book this package.
• pickup at your hotel in Salvador at 8.00am
• 5 hour drive to Lençois / Chapada Diamantina
• (lunch in Itaberaba around noon)
• afternoon forest-walk around Lençois, observe waterfalls and the famous 'sand saloons' (salão de areia)"
• check-in at our pousada/hotel
• free for diner at the evening
Day 2 -> day 4 (or 5-7)
After a delicious breakfast you may choose to have your day of or do an activity / hike / mini-trek each day, out of the next selections (which can be partly re-combined if you wish so:
• a day-trekking to the Sossego-falls with picknick
• a day-trip canoeing in the Marimbus swamps, lunching with locals and a swim along the Roncador falls
• a day's hike to Cachoeira da Fumaça (380m high waterfall) with a picknick at the falls
• back to the pre-historics, a to visit archeologic tresures of the Gruta da Fumaça & paintings in the Serra das Parridas
• a mini-trekking from Mount Pai Inaçio to Lençois between the table mounts, along Aguas Claras falls
• a day-trekking to the Mirante of the Pati Valley
• day-trekking to the Mixila and Poção waterfalls (for advanced hikers !)
• an adventurous cave walk through the Gruta do Lapão (morning)
combined with a walk around the 'Morro de Cameleo' and the 'Morro de Pai Inaçio waterfalls' in the afternoon
• You are free for diner in Lençois each evening.
Day 6 (or 7 or 8) :
• after breakfast we go to Mucugézinho & Poço do Diabo falls OR to the Morro do Camelo viewpoints and surroundings
• lunch at the bottom of the Pai Inaçio
• the apotheose of your travel : ascending Mount Pai Inaçio with the most beautiful views of Chapada Diamantina National Park
• around 15.00pm we drive back to Salvador (arrival around 20.00pm)
Practical info :
• overnight stays in Lençois, pousada Alto do Cajueiro or pousada Luar do Sertão or pousada Raio do Sol (according to availability) with all breakfasts included
• private transport in air-conditionned vehicle
• English speaking guide/driver (French & Dutch also available)
• WiFi available during the trip